Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Eye of the Dork

I have been watching TV today since my head hurts and I don't feel like doing much. I just watched this incredibly stupid movie called Eye of the Devil. It stars Deborah Kerr and David Niven, so I thought it would be quality entertainment, but alas, it was French. Or it took place in France. There were many scenes with cockeyed camera angles focusing on people who were staring at nothing. Lots of loitering. And the plot took so long to be revealed that I didn't give a crap about it when we finally learned the Big Secret, which is that this tiny French village is pagan and sacrifices people when they have a bad wine crop. Big whoop. And Deborah Kerr runs around trying to stop it all. David Niven as a pagan believer is a bit much to swallow, I must say. No pun intended with the wine...

Ow, my head. I think I'll go read some more. I'm currently reading a fascinating yet creepy novel by Neil Gaiman called American Gods, about the new American gods of consumerism trying to take over the territory of the old European gods that came over with the immigrants on the boats. Gaiman does modern quests really well. His writing is never cheesy. I have to stop now. Wish me luck with that headache thingee...

No comments: