Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmastime

J. is home for good now until after New Year's, and we've been making Xmas presents together and it's really fun. Much more fun than shopping. I've got tons of stuff knit, as well as other crafty things that I best not mention because someone who's getting them as presents might read this!

I was watching my all-time fave movie last night while knitting, It's a Wonderful Life, and I still love it. It feels appropriate for this Xmas, I think, because things aren't turning out lately how I'd planned or hoped, kinda like old George Bailey's plans, and yet things are pretty good. My friend CK is having a baby in about three weeks, and instead of focusing on how this is the rather dreaded baby season (season of birth and all that baby Jesus stuff), which can be difficult, even discouraging, when you suffer from infertility as I do, I'm trying to focus on CK's baby, which I am really excited about. She is my bestest pal and I'm really happy for her, and I'll get to be a part of this baby's life, which is really different from hearing about other myriad people having babies that I don't get to play with. So I'm hoping that makes this season meaningful.

No comments: