Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Deco round robin spread I created: deco just means decorated book. Sometimes there's not much difference between an altered book and a deco, although the deco is usually smaller in scale. In this case, the deco is a small children's board book and the theme is Monsters. First I painted over the cute squirrel story with white gesso, then dabbed black around the edges. Then I found an image from a movie poster for the remake of Night of the Living Dead and ripped a portion of that to fit the page on the left. I stamped and embossed the scared girl on top of the poster image. The right side is text both stamped and hand-lettered that says,"Holy sh**! It's Zombies! George Romero's 'Night of the Living Dead' scared the crap out of me when I saw it at a drive-in, age 11." I think I was 11, something like that. What a bad idea. But then I loved being scared. Still, it probably scarred me. :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: