Monday, April 16, 2007

ATC's: New Hampshire, Hawaii, Michigan


I made these for a swap with a theme based on each state in the U.S. We all have to do the same states at the same time, so this round was New Hampshire, Hawaii, Michigan, California and Wisconsin. All of my cards have one element in common: The postage stamp for that state that came out in 2006. For NH, I have a background of fall colors and leaf outlines, a jug of maple syrup, a postage stamp for the longest land bridge, and a photo and caption for Robert Frost. For Hawaii, I did a blue background for the gorgeous water around the islands, then a photo of an erupting volcano, a shot of the largest maze in the world (with a pineapple in the center), and a portrait of Queen Lili'uokalani, the last ruler of Hawaii. For Michigan, I have an old Kellogg's cereal box, a kid eating some Kellogg's corn flakes, a bowl of Michigan cherries, and a petoskey stone, a weird fossill found only in Michigan. Oh, and the background is supposed to be a blooming apple tree but now I realize I used a picture of plum blossoms instead. So sue me.

No comments: