Wednesday, November 03, 2010

A New Book Review by Moi

Siren
One of my recent book reviews  of a young adult novel called Siren has just been posted in the Fall 2010 Online edition of Rain Taxi, who I frequently write for.  You WANT to read it. Oh, and there's a really well-written down-to-earth, no-hype review of Jonathan Franzen's novel Freedom . I think Franzen stinks, for the exact reason that this reviewer pinpoints.  All whinging, no joy.  I read part of The Corrections, his first novel, and finally put it down because I could not stand the characters.  And I wasn't even repulsed in an interesting way.  Just bleah.

2 comments:

Sharon Parker said...

Nice to see you writing for Rain Taxi again. Did you find any other outlets for publishing reviews? You know, ones that actually pay?

Parabolic Muse said...

I can't wait to read your review after Cathie gets the hell off the computer.

I agree about Franzen. I didn't have high hopes for him due to the Oprah thing. But I was curious. I can't really stand her taste in reading. bleh.