Saturday, February 19, 2011

Postcrossing

Have you heard of this? You sign up and get addresses from all over the world to send postcards to.  I mean, not just randomly, but to people who have signed up.  Once you send some and they get received, then your address goes into the mix and someone will send you a postcard!  Cool!  It's kind of a simplified version of penpals.  I like it because it gives me an excuse to draw/doodle/Zentangle on a little canvas.  Then I send it to someone and make them happy! 

Check it out, my first postcard, here it is:


The person I sent to was a teenage boy in Poland.  And he just received it and here's the comment he left about it:

"Dear Carrie. Your postcard is amazing. I love your drawing, your stamps, the way you write 'M' in my name and also this stamp with Marge. It's very unusual card. You are a great artist. It's the best looking card I've recieved. Thanks a lot. Best wishes. Mateusz"
I used a Simpsons stamp, so that's what he's talking about with "Marge."  Pretty nice, huh?  It's so gratifying when people like my art!

Anyway, check out Postcrossing, it's a pretty neato idea.

2 comments:

Sharon Parker said...

Wow, that's so cool that your first postcrossing postcard was received already. Congratulations! And of course he loved it, why wouldn't he? The Simpson's stamp was a nice touch. And I know what you mean how it's so gratifying when someone appreciates something you made. Way to go!

Parabolic Muse said...

Are you kidding??! Your work rocks! And this card is no exception. So cool.

What a sweet thing to send you a letter!