Monday, February 28, 2011

Getting to Z: How To Finish The Zine You Started

This is the title of my workshop for the Chicago Zine Fest, which is coming up on March 25-26, just a few weeks from now.  I had a different title before, but now I'm changing the workshop to focus on the rewrite process, at the request of the organizers.  So I didn't want to use the word rewrite in the title, or edit, or draft, because I know that often frightens people away.  I want to make it fun, not dreary.  So I've been retooling (rewriting, I could say) my talk, and I came up with this brilliant title.  I like it because it reminds me of "Getting To Yes," a classic book about negotiating, and I think of rewriting as a process of negotiating with yourself.  I also think I'm clever because of the double play on Z: as an alphabet letter, at the end of the alphabet, and as the first letter of the word zine.  Am I some kind of genius or what?  Thank you. 

Now I have to go back to working on the description.  This was my break.

1 comment:

Parabolic Muse said...

You must be madly ensconced in prepping for the workshop. Looking forward to hearing about it!

big smooches
C