Thursday, May 18, 2006

Migraine Support?

I just accidentally discovered a nationwide support network for migraine sufferers. Wow! Who knew? Like why didn't my neurologist tell me about this? Anyway, check it out, it's called MAGNUM, kind of a stupid acronym but oh well.

I actually came across this because of Peter Brady. Yes, that Peter Brady, of the Bunch. I saw him on TV the other day, hocking some exercise equipment, and I thought, oh how sad, Peter, that it's come to this. They even had the stupid moniker underneath him that said "TV star!" Oy. Anyhow, I looked him up on the internet and found something about Cindy Brady going around the country to talk to women's migraine support groups. And I thought, what? There are support groups for this fun condition? I should have known, I live in the world's capitol of support groups, the United States of Self-Help. Anyhow, I've read a little on this MAGNUM site and I like seeing the myths dispelled, like migraines are in your head, er, mentally, that is. Or that they are just like other headaches. I'm hoping they have a list of snappy comebacks to stupid things people who don't have migraines say, a la Mad magazine.

No comments: