Sunday, May 21, 2006

"There's Nothing Fair..."

I am so pissed at fate right now, I can't stand it. I'm having a very selfish moment of looking at the world as if it revolves around me. So bear with me for a moment. I've been trying to have a baby now for 8? years, had one miscarraige and oodles of fertility treatment.

My teenage brat neighbor is having a baby shower today. Oh. My. God. She's a loud obnoxious irresponsible...enough. I just can't stand it. It's bad enough I have to hear statistics on teenage pregnancy and try to laugh off the irony of it, now it's going to be living next door to me. Good Lord. It's just sick. And it's depressing as well. She'll make a terrible mother.

Ok. I'll try to stop that now, acting as if it's all about me. But just for a moment I had to kvetch. To borrow the sentiment from Kurt Russell in the preview for the movie Poseidon, where he says, "There's nothing fair about who lives and who dies," well, there's nothing fair about who gets a baby.

No comments: