Monday, November 21, 2005

Ohhhhmmm Library Job Ohhhmmmm

So last Friday my interview went really well for the library clerk job in Minnetonka. They seemed to really like me, even gave me a tour of the building after the interview, which seemed more like something you'd do with someone you just hired than with someone you haven't decided on yet. One of the questions they asked me in the interview was that silly one they always ask you about what you see yourself doing in 5 years, or how this job fits in with your long-term plans, something like that. And I kind of scrunched my eyebrows and said "Well, I don't have plans to become the head of the library or anything." That made them laugh. I mean, come on, it's a part-time clerk job. So I was just honest. I'm a freelance writer, I want a part-time job I'll enjoy and be good at, and this seemed like a good balance. And they seemed to think that was an okay answer.

Then this morning I got a call about another job I applied for that I'd already given up on hearing about--a tech position at the big library in Ridgedale. Oooh, that's the one I really wanted! It's closer, pays better, daytime weekdays and no weekend hours. I have an interview scheduled for December 1st. I'm really crossing my fingers...a job would be a really great Christmas present for me. To me. From fate.

No comments: