Thursday, May 19, 2005

89.3 The Current

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And thanks to Minnesota Public Radio, there is now a public radio station with no commercials that plays something other than classical music. I don't know how you'd categorize it, maybe contemporary mix? That sounds so boring, though. Bjork and Billie Holiday on the same station. Some of it is too loud for me which makes feel old, yes, but some of it is new stuff I've never heard before that is really interesting. I stopped listening to commercial radio eons ago because the commercials made me insane, but I really missed finding out about new music and hearing what was being made locally. And now I can hear all of that. In fact, they play some local music every hour. Ahhh. Progress can be good, people.

Tonight's find on The Current: Towa Tei's Sound Museum. It's loungy but also reminded me of Meat Beat Manifesto's industrial style.

No comments: