Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Textile Center exhibit: Nothing New - Fiber Art from Recycled Materials

I went to the Textile Center today to sign up for another library shift, and to check out the new exhibit, which is just amazing. It's all fiber pieces from recycled materials, which is near and dear to my heart as an altered book artist. I've posted a few pics of the exhibit that I took because I thought they were so fun.

The weather is amazing today, just beautiful. 67 degrees and not humid. Just perfect weather, really. And what a relief after that frickin' heat wave! I heard on the news this morning that the heat index last Saturday in some parts of Minnesota was 125 degrees. Ack! So today I've got the windows open, Cocoa's had two walks already and might get another, and I drove around with the car windows open. Ah, so pleasant.

Then when I got home there was a message from Archiver's!! They got my application and want to talk to me!! Huzzah! I will be calling them back tomorrow.

No comments: