Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Zendalas, or Round Doodlies


Aren't these fun? They're 3 inches in diameter and I glued them onto 3.5 inch black cardstock. All drawn freehand, with one thick pen and one thin pen. They're very similar but they're all going to different people, so it doesn't matter. I love working on those shell shapes right now. I'm working on a 9-inch diameter one that's for a clock face and have just started coloring it. It's going to take a while, but I love coloring! And it's only 3 colors. I've found that works really well for some reason, to choose only three colors to use. Then I don't get overkill in rainbow colors. It hangs together better or something. There's probably some color theory reason, but don't tell me what it is, because my eyes will glaze over and you'll give me a migraine. Sometimes it's better not to know these things. Especially when it's not broke. Oh, I guess technically there's a fourth color, white. Sometimes I leaves spaces white for contrast.

So, next week, I've decided I'll give away a 3-inch zendala like you see here. I'll mount the black cardstock on pasteboard so it will be sturdy. Then you can either frame it or just set it against a wall on a shelf or something. Or make a tiny hanger on the back and hang it on the wall. Anyway, that's your preview of next week's giveaway. Aren't you excited? I like the idea of giving away stuff I've made, so I'm going to try to do more of that.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

I love those .. they're gorgeous. x