Wednesday, January 28, 2009

June is Strawberry Moon


The color is a little brighter than real life on this, but I had night lighting so it looks redder than it is. Anyway, it's a bit more pinkish and there's sort of a red painting at the top of a strawberry vine with berries on it. I made this today, finally finished it, for a project my local art group did, a 2009 calendar with a theme of the full moons. I picked June because that's when Lily was born, and then one night I was inspired to write a poem about her eating strawberries. So I used that and did a packing tape transfer of the poem and the month title, and then hand-lettered or drew or painted the rest on to thick watercolor paper. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Now I'll just make color copies of this for the rest of the group and I'm done! It's nice to finish a project I've been pondering on forever. (If you click on the picture it will show the larger size and you'll be able to read the poem.)

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

Love the poem! And cool layout...

Chris said...

For the group?! I MUST HAVE THIS! This is gorgeous and yummy and tasty and...
is it made of fruit wraps?

NO NO! I'm not going to eat it, probably!